prof. Ing. Miroslav ČERNÍK, CSc.
Technical University of Liberec, Liberec, Czech Republic, EU
Specialization: Remedial technologies - application of nanomaterials, mainly zero-valent iron nanoparticles
M. Černík received his PhD. in Natural Science at Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zurich) and thereafter started to work for environmental consultancy AQUATEST a.s. In 2014, he became an professor at The Technical University of Liberec (TUL). Nowadays, he is a scientific director and a department of the Nanomaterials in natural science, Institute of Nanomaterials, Advanced Technologies and Innovations of the TUL.
His main focus is a research of in situ remedial technologies, mainly the application of zero-valent iron nanoparticles for groundwater and nanofibres for wastewater treatment. Nowadays he works on six international FP7 and H2020 research project and a number of Czech national projects on application of nanomaterials for environmental protection and remediation. Most of the activity is related to the in situ application of zero-valent iron nanoparticles for remediation of groundwater polluted by chlorinated hydrocarbons like PCE, TCE, PCB, and inorganic pollutants like As, Cr, U, nitrates, etc. His research group accomplished over 15 pilot test applications and participated on three full scale remedial actions. He is also interested in toxicity and environmental impact of nanomaterials. He is the author of four books on remediation (in Czech or English), over 40 scientific papers with more than 500 citations, his H-index is 14.
- Vinod Vellora Thekkae Padil, Michael Rouha, and Miroslav Černík: Hydrocolloid-Stabilized Magnetite for Efficient Removal of Radioactive Phosphates. BioMed Research International, vol. 2014, 10 pages, 2014. doi:10.1155/2014/504760, 2014.
- Lacinová, L., Černíková, M., Hrabal, J., Černík, M.: In-situ combination of bio and abio remediation of chlorinated ethenes. Ecological chemistry and engineering S 20 (3), 2013, p. 463-473. ISSN 1898-6196. DOI: 10.2478/eces-2013-0034.
- Ševců, A., El-Temsah, Y.S., Joner, E.J., Černík, M.: Oxidative Stress Induced in Microorganisms by Zero-valent Iron Nanoparticle, Microbes Environ, 26(4), 271-81, 2011.
- Mueller, N., Braun, J., Bruns, J., Cernik, M., Rissing, P., Rickerby, D., Nowack, B.: Application of nanoscale zero valent iron (NZVI) for groundwater remediation in Europe, Environ Sci Pollut Res (2012), 19:550-558.
- Lacinova, L., Kvapil, P, Cernik, M: A field comparison of two reductive dechlorination (zero-valent iron and lactate) methods, Environmental technology, 33 (7), 741- 749, 2012.
- Klimkova, S.; Cernik, M.; Lacinova, L.; Filip, J.; Jancik, D.; Zboril, R.: Zero-valent iron nanoparticles in treatment of acid mine water from in situ uranium leaching, Chemosphere, 82(8), 1178-1184, 2011.